Thursday 29 August 2013

caterpillars






This year My garden has been overrun with greater and lesser cabbage white butterfly caterpillars, from what I can tell.
Apparently they like broccoli as much as I do!
It's not a problem though. I mean don't get me wrong I was looking forward to eating my home grown broccoli but, well, I do love butterflies so I guess I surrender under their onslaught.

As I have sacrafised my veg patch to these veratius eaters they have in turn been picked off by wasps. which is a shame because I hate wasps but I can't spend all my time in the garden running around like a lunatic with a fly swatter shouting ~HAVE AT IT YOU B#*^%RDS!~ because the neighbours will complain... again.

I was getting worried these last few years as I haven't seen too many butterflies but August has been chocked full of them so I'm going to calm down on my claims that humanity is ruining the planet (only a bit though).

I guess I can loose a few crops in the hopes of having another year that could be full of the beautiful and eratic flight of butterflies through summer skys.












 




No comments:

Post a Comment